COLUMBIA, S.C. (September 24, 2010) - To help ensure voters are prepared for the upcoming General Election, the State Election Commission wants to remind everyone of the upcoming voter registration deadline and urge those already registered to update their information.
Those who wish to vote in the General Election on November 2nd must be registered by October 2nd. Voters who have moved from one county to another must be registered to vote in their new county by the deadline.
- Visit your county board of voter registration.
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.org, complete the form, and either:
- Mail the form to your county voter registration office (postmarked by October 2nd),
- Fax the form to your county voter registration office (received by October 2nd), or
- Scan the form and email the image as a file attachment to your county voter registration office (received by October 2nd).
UPDATE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION:
Current registered voters who may have moved within their county or changed their name can help ensure a smoother voting process for themselves - and their neighbors - by making sure their registration is up to date. "Having accurate registration information helps ensure a voter's eligibility to vote in an election," says Executive Director Marci Andino. "It also reduces the potential for delays in the sign-in process at polling places - and that can have a significant impact on wait time for all voters." To update your voter registration:
- Download the Voter Registration Update form from scVOTES.org and return it to your county voter registration office. (Not applicable to voters who have moved from one county to another. These voters must submit a voter registration application.)
- Update the information on the back of your voter registration card and return it to your county voter registration office. (Not applicable to voters who have moved from one county to another. These voters must submit a voter registration application.)
- Visit your county voter registration office.
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION:
- Check your voter registration online at scVOTES.org
- Call or visit your county voter registration office.
Find the 2010 General Election Voter Checklist, voter information brochures, voter registration posters, and more on the home page.